It is well-known that vitamins and minerals are essential in our diet. The body should meet the daily requirement of vitamins to function well, most of which can be found in our food. So, food is a primary source of energy and fuel to run our bodies and carry out the basic activities of life, which is why our diet must consist of all the necessary vitamins.
A sufficient amount of vitamin C is required for complex processes in our body. If the required vitamin is not met, we may suffer from vitamin C deficiency. You can get vitamins from your diet by eating citrus fruits, strawberries, bell peppers, etc. However, these food sources may sometimes fail to give you the required vitamin, so you should consider taking adult chewable multivitamins. But before you start taking them on a daily basis, there are a few things you should know. Continue reading to know more about vitamin C chewable.
What Exactly Are Vitamin C Chewables?
Vitamin C chewable are nothing but vitamin C supplements that help nourish the body when a regular diet fails to. Many people rely on vitamin C chewable as a part of their daily well-being because these vitamin supplements help them achieve more than food products. Vitamin C gummies are healthy, tasty, and handy and are excellent for people who don’t want to swallow the supplements directly.
The most common ingredient to make vitamin C chewable is ascorbic acid, naturally found in different food sources. The substance is easily absorbed by the body into the bloodstream, all thanks to its bioavailability. Yet some might find ascorbic acid more acidic than usual in case they can’t tolerate higher doses of vitamin C. Bioflavonoids are also beneficial to plant compounds which are often added to vitamin C supplements and are easily absorbed by the body.
Vitamin C chewable have essential nutrients which support a healthy diet and have ingredients that add to the taste and appearance of the gummies. These include the addition of flavors, artificial colors, and sweetness like glucose syrup and tapioca syrup. Other ingredients of vitamin C that make them chewable and structured are gelatin and pectin (from citrus).
Benefits Of Vitamin C Chewables
Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins, but the body can’t produce it, so you have to eat foods that are highly rich in vitamin C. Many people also turn to supplements and gummies to meet their vitamin needs. Here are some of the benefits of vitamin C chewable:
- May Reduce Risks Of Chronic Diseases: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can strengthen your body and give protection against harmful diseases. Antioxidants are molecules that boost the immune system in our body by protecting cells from free radicals, which are mainly responsible for chronic diseases. Studies have shown that taking vitamin C supplements daily can significantly increase antioxidant levels in the blood, which helps the body fight against diseases and inflammation.
- Can Manage High Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is one of the common issues in adults, which can put you at risk of heart disease. Vitamin C chewable can help lower blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart. This helps in reducing their blood pressure levels in them. So you can take chewable vitamin C to reduce or stabilize high blood pressure. The results can be promising, but it’s unclear whether the effects on blood pressure are a long-term solution.
- May Lower Risk Of Heart Diseases: There are different factors that are responsible for heart diseases, high cholesterol levels, and high blood pressure. Vitamin C supplements can help reduce these factors, thus reducing the risk of heart disease. Some studies showed that daily consumption of vitamin C reduced heart disease risk. In contrast, others indicated that taking vitamin C from food sources and not supplements lowered the risk of heart disease. In conclusion, daily intake of vitamin C supplements in moderation can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- May Reduce Blood Uric Acid Levels: Gout is a type of arthritis that causes acute pain and inflammation of joints. People with gout experience swelling of joints and sudden attacks of severe pain and discomfort. It happens when too much uric acid (a waste product of the body) is in the blood. At high levels, uric acid may get crystallized and deposit in joints. Studies have found that vitamin C chewable help in reading uric acid in the blood and thus protects the body against gout symptoms.
- Prevents Iron Deficiency: Iron is another essential nutrient for the body with various functions. It helps red blood cells and oxygen transport throughout the body. Vitamin C chewable can help improve the absorption of iron from your food. It assists in converting poorly absorbed iron into a form that can be absorbed easily by the body. This supplement is especially beneficial for people who don’t eat meat, as meat is a good source of iron.
- Boosts Immunity: One of the main reasons behind taking vitamin C supplements is to boost immunity, as vitamin C plays a key role in many parts of the immune system. It helps the production of white blood cells, which protects the body against infections. Vitamin C also helps white blood cells function properly while protecting them from harmful molecules like free radicals. Also, vitamin C chewable is an essential part of the skin’s defense system and acts as an antioxidant to help strengthen skin barriers.
How Much Vitamin C Should You Consume?
A proper dose of vitamin C is enough for the body to function. This is because vitamin C supplements are water-soluble, and your body excretes the excess amount of it. However, you should still follow the recommended dietary allowance to avoid any discomfort in the body.
|0-6 months||40 mg/day||40 mg/day|
|7-12 months||50 mg/day||50 mg/day|
|1-8 years||15-45 mg/day||15-45 mg/day|
|9-13 years||45 mg/day||45 mg/day|
|14-18 years||75 mg/day||65 mg/day|
|19 years and older||90 mg/day||75 mg/day|
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient that the body needs for various functions. You can easily get it from your balanced diet. If not, you can start taking supplements like chewable vitamin C to meet the body’s vitamin requirement.